For the sugar, I've also included Xylatol and Stivia which are excellent healthy alternatives, and you can't taste the difference, especially in this soup.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 parsnips, peeled & chopped
- 2 eating apples, cored & chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 floury potatoes (large), peeled & chopped
- 4oz sultanas
- 2 UK pints chicken stock (20 fl oz)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp caster sugar or Xylitol or 1 drop stevia
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Cook parsnips, apples, onions, potatoes and sultanas in the
- chicken stock for half and hour.
- Liquidise and return to the pan with the curry powder, ginger,
- sugar and seasonings.
- Cook for another ten minutes and serve sprinkled with fresh